Thanks Bookish Girl in a Bookish World for nominating me!
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you for the award and post the award
- Answer the questions that were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Give 11 facts about yourself
- Ask 11 questions of your own
- Nominate 11 blogs for the award (or however many blogs you can nominate)
- Notify your nominees.
1. What is your favorite book from your childhood?
Probably Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine or the Harry Potter books
2. Do you have any collections (stamps, shells, etc.)?
I collect Playbills! I have some cool ones from foreign countries but my favorites are for Audrey Hepburn in Gigi and Julie Andrews in My Fair Lady
3. What made you decide to start a blog?
I wanted to talk to people about something that I love because I don’t have many friends who are as avid readers as I am and when I was in high school my mom and I had an opportunity to read an ARC of a book which was awesome and I wanted more opportunities like that.
4. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
I think The Hunger Games trilogy was a great adaptation!
5. If you could only choose one book to completely forget, which would you pick to reread as if it were the first time?
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan because it’s so fun and really was the start of something new for me.
6. What is one of your little known hobbies that you are particularly fond of?
I like making jewelry
7. What is your favorite book that is widely considered a classic?
By a male author: East of Eden by John Steinbeck
By a female author: Save Me the Waltz by Zelda Fitzgerald
8. Do you have a most valued book? If so, why?
I don’t know that I have just one. A lot of my books are special to me because their my favorite or because someone thought of me when they saw it and bought it for me.
9. What made you decide to go into the field that you are in/plan to enter into?
Theatre was the only thing that I ever felt any passion and excitement while doing it.
10. What has been your least favorite read of all time?
Roses by Leila Meacham. I still get angry thinking about it
11. What’s one thing that you’re proud of that isn’t commonly known about by other bloggers?
I’m proud of the fact that I have a good sense of direction so when I was in New York without my family I never once got lost.
Facts About Me:
- I have 2 cats and 2 dogs
- I like playing board games/card games with my family
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl is my go to when I’m bored and want to watch a movie
- While I do like my e-reader, I’m still not particularly fond of reading e-books
- I likes strawberries, but not food that is strawberry flavored
- I’m snobbish about Peter Pan retellings and if Hook is the good guy I refuse to read/watch it
- Sebastian Stan is currently my favorite actor
- If I find the voice actors annoying I’m less likely to watch the cartoon
- I never went through an anime phase
- I never got into fanfiction (writing or reading)
- Padmé Amidala and Elizabeth Swann were my favorite characters when I was younger
- Is there any scene from a book that you found to be particularly cinematic?
- Do you have any auto-buy authors? If yes, who?
- Is there any subject/genre that you just absolutely refuse to read?
- Has there been a movie that you liked better than the book?
- Is there a book or movie that you feel like you missed out on because you read it when you were older rather than reading it when you were young?
- Are you a reading curled up in blankets on a rainy day person or a reading outside in the shade person?
- Is there a tv show or movie that you’d like to get a book series continuation or prequel series?
- What types of characters are you drawn to?
- Have you ever read a book that’s so ridiculous it’s good?
- Is there a trope that you really love?
- Do you try to read the book before you see the movie or wait to see the movie before you read the book?
Since a lot of the people that I normally nominate for these things have already done this one, I’m going to use this space to nominate anyone that would like to do this tag!