Thank you Theresa at The Calico Books for nominating me! I always have so much fun doing these!
- Thank the people/person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator(s).
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
1. What book made you fall in love with reading?
I love seeing people answer this question because I don’t have an answer myself. I can’t think of a particular book that made me just absolutely adore reading. For as long as I can remember I have always had a book in my hand! Thanks to my mom I always had something to read and she instilled that habit into me basically from birth. I remember my parents reading to me, I remember being that kid that got a million books from the Scholastic book order, and I remember summers doing the local library’s reading challenge. So there isn’t a book that made me a reader, just a person. Love you Mama!
2. Libraries or bookstores?
I like bookstores just because it makes it easier when I fall in love with a book for the copy I have to be mine forever, but I love going to the library when it’s a book I’m not 100% sure I’ll enjoy.
3. What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
I’m partial to the Harry Potter and The Hunger Games adaptations! I think they were well done and did a great job in working with the material they were given as well as adjusting to make it more cinematic!
4. Aside from reading and blogging, what else do you enjoy? (I had to use this question, too!)
Writing and watching movies!
5. What is your favorite genre to read?
6. Least favorite genre?
I’m not a huge fan of contemporary (but I’m willing to try a book from the genre that lots of people recommend) and romantic drama. If I wanted to read about real life, I’d just go outside or read a newspaper and romantic dramas always make me mad in some way and one of the romantic leads is always incredibly selfish and bratty.
7. Favorite non-bookish movie?
I love classic movies (especially Audrey Hepburn films)! I’m also always down to marathon Star Wars or watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl on repeat. Also I can watch any Dreamworks or Disney movie over and over again! I have so many favorite movies!
8. If a genie gave you 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
I would wish for the ability to talk to animals, unlimited money to do with as I please, and a closet that has any article of clothing I could ever wish for that fits me perfectly.
9. How long have you been blogging?
1 year and 1 month
10. What inspired you to start blogging?
I woke up one day and thought “I want to start a book blog and talk to people about books.”
11. What book would you love to see become a movie?
I think The Night Circus is inherently cinematic in nature, so I’d love to see that. It would be so beautiful! I also think The Lunar Chronicles would make exciting films!
- What color books do you have the most of?
- Favorite underrated book.
- Who is your auto-buy author?
- Has your favorite author ever written a book that you’ve been disappointed by?
- Do you ever like the sequel better than the first book?
- Would you rather have an ambiguous ending or an ending where everything is tied up nicely?
- Does a bad ending ruin the entire series for you?
- Have you ever liked the movie more than you liked the book?
- Most unique book you’ve ever read.
- What is your opinion on movie tie-in covers?
- Your most anticipated book for the second half of 2016.
Katherine at Mapping Souls With Words
Bre at Forgotten.PumpkinPie
Michelle at Michelle, Books and Movies Addict
Tara at Moonstonemaiden
Emaan at Bookdom
Carina at Readaninabook
Sophie at Stories For Sophie
Lizzie at Acciopadfoot
Aya at booklovebabbles
Shannon at Clockwork Bibliophile
Astra at A Stranger’s Guide to Novels